KEVIN A. REMDE
Résumé Document: Here on my OneDrive
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – CLOUD ARCHITECTURE – SECURITY – TECHNICAL EVANGELISM
Experienced, results-driven information technologist and solution architect looking for his next big, rewarding challenge. Broad experience from the whiteboard to implementation. Proven ability to learn, create, implement, communicate, and empower internal and external customers in areas of information technology, security, and the cloud.
- Technical Leadership
- Microsoft Azure Expert
- Creative Problem Solver and Technology Implementer
- Broad and Diverse Software and Hardware Experience
- Microsoft Datacenter Infrastructure and Desktop Expert
- Technical Content Creation
- Master Communicator
- Innovative Product and Brand Development
- Compelling and Experienced Public Speaker
- Aptitude for Always Learning and Applying
Strengths Finder 2.0 : Ideation – Strategic – Relator – Analytical – Learner
PROFESSIONAL HISTORY AND EXPERIENCE
MICROSOFT CORPORATION, Edina, MN
Senior Technical Evangelist, 2003 – 2017
Professional expert on all things related to Microsoft and industry technology, benefiting IT and Development organizations; A Microsoft Technical Evangelist promotes and implements solutions for the Developer and IT Professional community through as many channels and methods possible.
- Drove and documented software development lifecycle / DevOps-focused Value Stream Mapping sessions with several software organizations.
- Created widely used technical content as well as focused proof-of-concept solutions for the IT and Software Development organizations.
- Top-rated and engaging speaker, delivering hundreds of IT Pro TechNet, industry, Microsoft partner, and community events.
- “Expert” in all-things, and often on short notice. Also, comfortable saying “I don’t know, but I’ll find out for you.”
- Online work included top-rated TechNet webcasts, podcasts, screencasts, Channel 9 videos and interviews, and his Microsoft TechNet blog “Full of I.T.”
- Maintained a leadership role among his peers in the coordination and creation of content for TechNet, product launch events, and IT Camps. Worked closely with Microsoft product teams, US and Microsoft corporate resources.
- Established best practice operating disciplines and developed scalable business processes.
JOBBOSS SOTWARE, INC. / KEWILL SYSTEMS, INC. / EXACT SOFTWARE, INC., Edina, MN
Manager – North American Information Systems, 2002 – 2003
Information Systems Manager, 1999-2002
Internal Systems Consultant, 1997-1999
“Agent of Change” for new or upgraded services; researching new technologies and rolling out improved services for all local and remote employees
Managed Information Systems in all North American Exact Software locations, consisting of twelve offices, as many 30 servers, and 500 employee workstations.
Responsible for all Information Systems project and budget planning.
Functioned as the primary directory (Active Directory) and email (Microsoft Exchange) administrator for all North American employees.
Managed the migration of all employees into Exact Software Corporate Information Systems directory, email system, network, server and desktop support policies.
Effectively utilized communication skills in training my internal customers in all new and improved services.
Maintained network and Internet connectivity, performance, and security for all North American locations, using Cisco Routers and Switches, and Netscreen Firewall / VPNs.
Responsible for all vendor relationships relating to Network and Internet hardware, software, and services, including vendor service contract re-negotiations resulting in significant cost savings.
Was people manager for a team of as many as 8 employees, focusing on long-term projects as well as desktop support. Supported team members in their career and professional development goals.
Connected the company to the Internet for email and secure web access from all desktops.
As an active member of the company “tech team”, worked on internal and customer problems relating to running our product under various operating system and network environments.
Planned and implemented office migration from MS Mail to MS Exchange Server.
Migrated servers from Novell to Windows NT Servers.
Seamlessly replaced NetBEUI and IPX/SPX networking with TCP/IP + DNS as the primarily network protocols, (And the best possible thing happened: No one noticed!)
Created company FTP site, for large file transfers between customers and the support team members. Developed and trained employees on the process.
Created and evangelized our “Infoshare” news service – an NNTP based message service for JobBOSS Software customers to communicate with one another.
Established and maintained the company’s first web site (http://www.jobboss.com)
JOBBOSS SOFTWARE, INC., Edina, MN
Senior Software Engineer, 1992 – 1997
Expert in the Microsoft Windows Win32 API and all issues relating to Windows and C++ development.
- Chief low-level internals architect for an office product developed in C++ for Microsoft Windows using Borland’s OWL (Object Windows Library) and the Microsoft Windows Win32 API.
- Trained the existing development staff in C++, Object-Oriented and Windows Programming.
- Designed and developed our next generation product using Gupta SQLWindows, Centura Team Developer, and Microsoft Access database.
- Directly responsible for project estimates and reporting progress.
NCR NETWORK PRODUCTS GROUP, St. Paul, MN
Software Engineer, 1988 – 1992
Design, software production, and test strategy design of new software in the C and C++ languages.
- Worked on design and implementation of an SAA-compliant graphical user interface for a PC-based application.
- Experience and knowledge of OSI networking protocol stack, with emphasis on levels 3 and 4.
- 1-year Microsoft Windows programming experience.
- Researched UNIX to OS/2 porting issues and developed a portable user interface development tool.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure – August 18, 2017
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate – Cloud Platform – August 18, 2017
- Microsoft Specialist – Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions – February 11, 2015
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert – Private Cloud – December 13, 2012
- VCP – VMware vSphere 5 – July 27, 2012
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate – Windows Server 2008 – April 16, 2012
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional – Virtualization Administrator – February 1, 2012
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional – Server Administrator – July 31, 2008
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional – Enterprise Administrator – July 30, 2008
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Windows 2003 – February 26, 2004
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MSCA) Windows 2003 – February 24, 2004
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Windows 2000 – July 28, 2003
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Windows NT 4 – March 24, 1998
- Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet – February 19, 1998
- Microsoft Certified Professional, Product Specialist (on Windows 3.11!) – April 12, 1994
B.A., Computer Science, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN
1985-88 University of Minnesota, Major: Computer Science (Overall GPA 3.2, CompSci GPA 3.5)
1981-83 University of Minnesota, Major: Music Theory and Composition